RULES AND HOUSE CRITERIA
B-House serves the community by providing a sober living environment for those making a transition from addiction to recovery. If you meet the following criteria, follow house rules, and are willing to go any length for your recovery, you are welcome. If not, out of respect for residents working this program; please leave until you are absolutely ready.
1. The potential resident has completed a pre-residence interview and deemed appropriate for
2. Potential resident must have a way to pay residence fees and cost of living.
3. Must have 14 days or more of sobriety.
4. The potential resident must participate in Coming Full Circle Loud N Clear relapse prevention
5. The potential resident must be willing to sign a release for drug screens.
6. The potential resident must not be classified as a sexual or violent offender.
7. The potential resident must be willing to follow all house rules.
8. The potential resident must be deemed appropriate by Client Supervisor and House Manager.
A background check will be conducted.
Failure of the potential resident to meet any of these criteria may preclude them from residency at any of the B-Houses.
1. Zero Tolerance for drug, alcohol or mind altering substance use. (No engaging in illegal substance manufacturing, possession and/or distribution will be tolerated) Residents will remain clean, sober and honest, participating in Coming Full Circle Loud N Clear program on a daily basis. Failure to maintain sobriety while in B-House Sober Living will result in immediate expulsion from property.
2. Zero Tolerance for abusive behavior, threats of violence, obscene gestures or verbal/ physical confrontations with any resident or staff.
3. Zero Tolerance for destruction of B-House or other residents property. This includes improper use of toiletries such as tampons, baby wipes and other non flushable items. If a resident is caught using these items and flushing them down the toilet it is an automatic $300 fine. If damage happens to the residence, damage costs will be billed to the person who caused the damage or will be split among all house members. Please courteous to your home, part of recovery is taking responsibility of the space you live in.
4. Zero Tolerance for sexual activity between residents of B-Houses.
5. Any resident prescribed medications must immediately inform house manager, all medication must be approved by the House Manager. All medications must be taken as prescribed.
6. As a member of the recovery community, based on principles of honesty, trust and integrity, you are a part of creating a safe sober environment. We request that if a resident sees another resident violate rules to please report these violations to staff immediately. If violation goes unreported, you will be considered guilty by association.
7. Residents should make contact with their designated case manager. Recovery Coaches available by request.
8. Smoking is not permitted inside the residence. Porch and outdoor area ash trays must be used at all times and cleaned regularly.
9. All new residents will have a 30 day blackout period; 9 PM curfew (Unless work obligations).
10. When drug test is requested from a resident, resident must take test immediately without leaving the sight of the House Manager.
11. Guests are only allowed during visiting hours and never allowed into bedrooms. Visiting hours are 10AM-10PM Sunday-Thursday, 10AM-11PM Friday and Saturday.
12. All visitors must be approved by staff and house manager. If there is suspicion that visitor is engaging in dangerous behaviors such as use or sale of illicit substances, they can be asked to leave the property.
13. Residents must complete daily chores by 8 PM.
14. Residents must be awake by no later than 9 AM on weekdays, 12 PM on weekends.
15. Residents must attend and participate in the House meeting deemed per house.
16. Residents must participate in Coming Full Circle Loud N Clear.
17. Residents must check in and out of the house.
18. Residents must participate in daily chores.
19. Must find employment within 14 days or be enrolled in school or volunteering at CFC.
20. Residents will refrain from engaging in gambleing activities
21. Residents understand that pornographic materials are not allowed in residences this includes but is not limited too internet pornography, magazines, video materials, ect.
22. Computers and other electronics are allowed at B-Houses. Residents must understand they must conduct activities on these devices appropriately and that B-House staff can inspect these devices at any time.
23. If a resident has a problem with another resident or with the property, inform House Manager and write a proposal of the issue and submit to Client supervisor or Property Manager.
24. Must pass urine screening upon arrival.
25. Any damage to the physical residence and/or operating systems of residence caused by negligence of residents will be charged and divide amongst residents currently living on premise.
*This is your home - take pride in it.
Failure to follow these rules may result in immediate eviction from B-House and its premises.
Curfews are as follows
First 30 Days of residence 9pm weekdays 10pm Weekends
31 to 60 Days of residence 10pm weekdays 11pm Weekends
61 till End of residence 11pm Weekdays 12pm Weekends
If for any reason a person needs an extension on their curfew they MUST contact their house manager for permission. If the house manager or B-House administration denies permission that individual must make it home by curfew to avoid penalty. If person does not ask permission and stays out past curfew it is grounds for expulsion. Management has the right to change an individual's curfew for safety reasons, probationary status or other reasons considered necessary by administration.
6 MONTH REVIEW
The 6 month assessment reviews the following areas: house expectations, house relationships, and personal wellbeing. Assessments are made by self, the house manager, and an office manager. If residency is terminated at review, there will be a 7 day grace period to make other arrangements.
FURNITURE / BELONGINGS
You are not allowed to remove or move any of the furniture of fixings from the house or from room to room without permission. All items brought into B-house property becomes B-House property. Personal property will be disposed of after 10 days of discharge, if not collect prior.
B-Houses reserve the right to inspect and/or search all living spaces, including but not limited to bedrooms, common areas and vehicles for contraband; in order to maintain the wellbeing of all residents of the household. B-House staff conducts searches through physical inspection and observation as well as K-9 inspections. B-Houses reserve the right to confiscate, dispose or report to authorities contraband items found in these inspections/ searches. Contraband includes but is not limited too; drug paraphernalia, drugs and/or alcohol, pornography, prescription medications and weapons.
Prescription narcotic medications are not permitted at B-House sober livings. All other medications are allowed only if they are prescribed to you by a doctor and are taken as prescribed. Medications are not shared with any other resident of the house. Residents are responsible for taking their own medications. Residents must inform house managers of all medications prescribed upon intake.
All rules will be strictly enforced. Violation of Zero Tolerance rules is ground for immediate expulsion from the B-House. Violation of all other rules will be handled as follows:
Violation 1: Write-up and *$10 Fine
Violation 2: 2 week probation (curfew) and *$10 fine
Violation 3: Expulsion
*Fines due at the house meeting following the date of violation.
If resident has 90 days of membership, they are permitted to stay out overnight once a month. Overnight passes can be filled out online at BHouses.net, and or hard copy application handed into house manager. Form must be reviewed and approved by staff and house manager. House managers will call and confirm where you are staying with the parties you will be with. The request will then be sent to the office for final approval.